Skip to main content

The Dark Continent(AFRICA POEM)

'Africa my beginning, Africa my end. I was born here and I will die here'
Africa you bear my hopes and fears
Poverty, famine, crime and AIDS are words which plague Mother Africa's name
These demons bring me shame
While people try to make Africa better, a few let the hardship overpower them
Shame on them
They give up hope and go about their knavish ways
Even though there's hope on the horizon, be that as it may
They continue to destroy what little Mother Africa has
Africa is no longer what she was
'Mother Africa is weeping'
Yet a new dawn may be creeping
Mother Africa and her children are beautiful, they know their place in nature
Even though hardship may corrupt good nature
In the name of ALL that is good, I hope Africa will rise one day 
And we'll stop the suffering before she frays
The words upon a famous poet, I hear
'Africa my beginning, Africa my end. I was born here and I will die here' 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

African Diaspora ====================== In the diaspora he sat down; And there he wept; Remembering Africa; Mouth open, unable to a song. Eyes full of the ocean; Mouth imploded with praises; Thought stacked full of memories, Memories of Motherland Africa. In bits he uttered; Africa, my cherished home; In the diaspora unable to a song; I want to come to thee. Chief Charles O. Okereke Copyright ©2002 Chief Charles O. Okereke Click For Other Poems by Author

African Quotes on Patience

Patience is the key which solves all problems. ~ Sudanese proverb Hurry, hurry has no blessings. ~ Swahili proverb Patience is the mother of a beautiful child. ~ Bantu proverb To run is not necessarily to arrive. ~ Swahili proverb Patience can cook a stone. ~ African proverb A patient man will eat ripe fruit. ~ African proverb At the bottom of patience one finds heaven. ~ African proverb A patient person never misses a thing. ~ Swahili proverb Patience puts a crown on the head. ~ Ugandan proverb Patience attracts happiness; it brings near that which is far. ~ Swahili proverb Always being in a hurry does not prevent death, neither does going slowly prevent living. ~ Ibo proverb However long the night, the dawn will break. ~ African proverb